All fields are required.
You, as a volunteer, need to choose a Trail and choose a Scene when you sign up. All scenes have costumes but if you have a great costume that you would like to use, please let us view it prior to event. You will arrive early enough to try on your costume and apply makeup, then you will be escorted to your location on the trail and briefed on your roll and given safety tips. More information will be provided after application is reviewed. Groups & clubs are encouraged to join.
Are you a club or group member?
We encourage groups and student clubs to join the event. We have awards for “Peoples Choice" and “Most Volunteer Participants”. Please give us contact information in the event your group scene is a winner.
This trail is full of fairytales and magical characters that frolic around the woodland forest bringing Halloween enchantment to life. Volunteer actors will dress up and roll play as Queens, Kings, Knights, Mermaids, Witches, Wizards, Elves & Fairies.
This trail is dark and full of twists and turns with everything that is wild scary in the forest at night. Actors hide behind trees and gravestones as ghosts and ghouls. Spiders come alive, skeletons creep, wolfs and wild birds roam making startling sounds. Not for the faint of heart as this trail is intended for mature audiences. This trail has two early exits, in the event a child chooses to go back to the beach party.
It’s a beach party, it’s a fire circus, it a dance party! Join us on the beach of Goose Lake, looking over the beautiful Chugach mountains. Keep warm by the burn barrels and listen to music, even grab some food from our local food trucks. There is lots to do while your little ones enjoy the Enchanted trail by day then those who have strong sprits can partake with getting freaked out on the spooky, haunted trails.
This event is spilt into two different trails, on opposite sides of the park. First starts with the Enchanted Trail occurring during the daylight & dusk, specifically aimed to charm small children. The Haunted Trail starts after dark. Each trail has a natural soft dirt surface that meanders through a forest to various “Scenes”. The Enchanted side has carnival-type games and characters that children can take photo ops to capture the moments. The Haunted trail focuses on spooky scenes that freak and frighten participants. (no violent references shall occur).
1. As a volunteer, I agree to donate services to the MOA in the capacity of Enchanted & Haunted Trails Volunteer.
2. I understand that as a volunteer, I am not an employee of the MOA and am not entitled to receive salary, benefits or other compensation. For Teams/Non-Profit Organizations submit invoice for compensation.
3. I understand that as a volunteer, I do not qualify for workers' compensation benefits and understand I will be responsible for my own personal medical expenses for any injuries I incur while performing volunteer services.
4. As a volunteer, I agree to follow the supervision and direction of any personnel, employee or volunteer to whom volunteer has been assigned to perform services, and to participate in any training required by the MOA in order to perform the voluntary services.
5. As a volunteer, I agree to release and hold harmless the MOA, its agents, employees and all other persons against loss or expense, including attorneys’ fees, by reason of bodily injury, property damage or personal injury arising out of the negligent or intentional conduct of volunteer while engaging in the activities pursuant to this agreement. This release does not apply to liability due to the sole negligence of the MOA.
6. I understand the nature of the volunteer assignment and I certify that I have taken all necessary precautions to participate in such activities.
7. As a Volunteer, I agree to fully cooperate with the MOA and its agents in any investigation, lawsuit, arbitration or any other legal or quasi-legal proceedings that arise from the matters covered by this agreement. I understand that my signature below provides me with liability insurance through the Municipality of Anchorage's Volunteers Commercial Insurance Policy.