Scarecrow Village Application Application Details
- Once your application is approved, you will be sent a link to pay the $25 entry fee.
- Be Creative. The use of a wide variety
of materials is encouraged. The use of
pre-made mannequins and dolls are discouraged.
- Each group’s display may include up to four scarecrows; multiple entries are
allowed, provided separate entry forms are submitted.
- Participants must provide all materials for their display, to include materials
necessary to support the ‘crow’ standing or sitting. All scarecrows must be self-supporting.
- Scarecrows must be in good taste and family-friendly. No entry will be accepted
that reflects controversial, social or political situations. DSA reserves the
right to remove or alter any entry that does not meet these standards.
- Participants are encouraged to supply a sign identifying participants name
and/or name of scarecrow. Weatherproof signs please.
- Participants agree to allow the scarecrow and organization name to be used for
- Participants are responsible for delivery/pick-up of their finished
scarecrow(s) at Cider Days on Walnut Street. Scarecrow drop off location is near the intersection of
Walnut Street & John Q. Hammons Pkwy., across from the Walnut Street Inn
(900 E. Walnut).
- Participants agree to allow scarecrows to be displayed throughout the entire
- The Downtown Springfield Association is not responsible for loss or damage to
Booth assignments will be sent out August 31, 2018.
Set up for the event will take place: Friday, Sept. 14, 2018. Details below:
- You MUST check-in at Walnut Street Inn with event staff before setting up.
- Traffic always flow west to east.
- Set-up times will be given with booth numbers, but below are the time slots:
- First wave: 3 - 5 pm
- Second wave: 4 - 6 pm
- Third wave: 5 - 7 pm
Terms and Conditions and Disclaimer
The undersigned, in consideration of the privilege granted by the Downtown Springfield Association to participate in Cider Days on Historic Walnut Street does hereby release all members of the Downtown Springfield Association, its staff and any volunteers engaged in Cider Days on Historic Walnut Street activities, and further agrees to indemnify and defend any such member, staff or volunteer from and against any and all claims which might be made against them arising out of the undersigned’s participation in Cider Days on Historic Walnut Street. Further, undersigned authorizes images to be used for promotional purposes.